resetting m25p80 on reboot

John Crispin blogic at openwrt.org
Wed Jul 8 22:59:06 PDT 2015

Hi,

there are some SoCs made by MTK/Ralink, where the bootrom has problems
when the flash chip has 4 byte addressing enabled. This will make the
unit not boot properly after reboot was called. The flash chip needs a
reset prior to working. Paul has sent a patch to our ML which looks good
to me but i wanted someone that knows more about m25p80 to look at it
before i merge it into OpenWrt and send it upstream to linux-mtd
the patch in question can be found here

-> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/492878/

I am not subscribed to linux-mtd so please CC me on replies.

thanks in advance,
	John