Reading from UBI volume character device did not work.

Stelling Carsten Carsten.Stelling at goerlitz.com
Wed Jul 8 11:27:44 PDT 2015

Hello,

I'm trying to read from a UBI volume using the character device /dev/ubi2,
but read always returns 0. My kernel version is 3.14.31 (no ubiblock).

fd = open("/dev/ubi2", O_RDONLY);
read(fd, buffer, count);

I set count to different values, especially to min_io_size = 2048, but without success.
Reading from the underlying MTD device "/dev/mtd8" succeeds.
What did I miss?

My task is, as suggested by the UBIFS documentation, to write a userspace daemon
on top of UBI, that reads all LEBs and associated PEBs in the background, to let UBI
handle rarely accessed pages with accumulated bit-flips.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Carsten

______________________________________
 Carsten Stelling
F&E Hardware / R&D Hardware

GÖRLITZ Aktiengesellschaft | August-Thyssen-Straße 32 | D-56070 Koblenz
T: +49-261-9285-336 | M:  | F: +49-261-9285-190
Mail to: Carsten.Stelling at goerlitz.com | www.goerlitz.com

Vorstand | Executive Board: Dipl.-Ing. Norbert Bartsch, Jörg Figge
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates | Chairman of the supervisory board: Norbert Wagner
Registergericht | Court of registration: Amtsgericht Koblenz HRB 5346
Sitz der Gesellschaft | Registered office: Koblenz
Immer up-to-date mit unserem Newsletter! Hier geht's zur Anmeldung: www.goerlitz.com/newsletter
Member of the IDS-Group