autoresize causes insufficient reservation of PEBs for bad PEB handling

Egli, Samuel samuel.egli at siemens.com
Tue Jul 7 04:19:36 PDT 2015

Hi Richard,

Well, in my opinion it is a workaround to define all 3 vol_size's
But I would like to use the "autoresize" flag for the 3rd volume.
And I'm just worried that something else is not working properly
because I think it should work also with autoresize.

I was also checking to modify the ubifs parameters.

Initially I thought, that max leb count should have the size of my
mtd partition, i.e. 4056. Reading the documentation I understood,
that you can limit the space the image will take. So tried to limit
it to 2827 (4065 - 2*579 - 80) LEBs. But this didn't help either.

e.g.

mkfs.ubifs -r ../conf/path -o conf.ubifs -F -m 2048 -e 126976 -c 2827

Thanks,
Sam