detect and manage power cut on MLC NAND

Boris Brezillon boris.brezillon at free-electrons.com
Mon Apr 27 21:56:20 PDT 2015

Hi Qi,

Sorry for the late reply (I was quite busy on other projects
lately :-/).

On Mon, 13 Apr 2015 00:44:35 +0000
Qi Wang 王起 (qiwang) <qiwang at micron.com> wrote:

> Glad to meet in you ELC.

I was glad to meet you too.

> Is there any planning or idea to fix MLC power loss problem?

For the ideas part, I haven't thought about it since my talk at ELC.
I guess the solution proposed on the MTD website is a good starting
point [1].
Some guys are also considering the "avoid any erase/program operation
when you're about to loose power", but as I already explained I think
the MTD/UBI/UBIFS layers should not rely on this assumption and take
appropriate action to prevent any issue caused by unstable bits.

Best Regards,

Boris

[1]http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/doc/ubifs.html#L_unstable_bits

--