[MLC NAND]: data pattern sensivity

Andrea Scian rnd4 at dave-tech.it
Fri Apr 3 02:46:05 PDT 2015

Dear All,

I was looking inside Boris presentation at latest ELC (nice work!) and
trying to understand a bit deeper the systematic data pattern problem.
I also did some research on this ML, looking for some details about this
topic, finding not so much more the original RFC thread:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.devicetree/72230/

I search for this kind of information inside various MLC NAND datasheets
that I've available on my desk but I cannot find any reference on this,
maybe is called in a different way or maybe I'm looking to the wrong
devices (e.g. I'm currently working with some Micron NANDs
MT29F32G08CBADA, MT29F32G08CBACA..)

I CCed Boris and Jeff directly because maybe they can help me in better
understanding the impact of this problem on some real device.

TIA & BR,

--

Andrea SCIAN

DAVE Embedded Systems