UBI, no sub-pages support

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 03:03:55 PDT 2014

On Tue, 2014-08-19 at 13:28 +0200, Angelo Dureghello wrote:
> Another question is: is there a UBI performance loss using pages as
> minimal I/O (no subpages) or i can consider it insignificant ?

I can only comment on this question - you should not lose performance,
but you'll have more NAND flash space consumed by UBI for its own
purposes, comparing to what you'd have if you had sub-pages.

IOW, sub-pages are mostly lessening the UBI space overhead.

The MTD web page has a section about the space overhead with some more
information.

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy