Ubi patch proposition for 3.10.y

Richard Weinberger richard at nod.at
Wed Sep 3 15:08:11 PDT 2014

Am 02.09.2014 00:02, schrieb Greg KH:
> On Mon, Sep 01, 2014 at 11:51:11PM +0200, Richard Weinberger wrote:
>> Am 29.08.2014 14:26, schrieb jean-philippe francois:
>>> I think commit 4b3e0a25... [1] (UBI: Call scan_all() with correct
>>> offset in error case) should be added to 3.10.y stable branch.
>>>
>>> It solves an ubifs corruption problem on my board. Edited bootlog for
>>> each case are attached.
>>>
>>> ubifs corruption can be easily reproduced on this board :
>>> 1) format nand partition and flash rootfs
>>> 2) record h264 stream on nand
>>> 3) scp a file from host pc to rootfs while 2 is ongoing
>>> 4) unplug power
>>
>> Hmm, I think this is a good point to bite the bullet and backport all
>> UBI fastmap related fixes to -stable.

Actually I meant, I need to sit down and go through the changelog and locate
them all. :)

> And what exactly would those commits be?

There you go:

e8c235b UBI: init_volumes: Ignore volumes with no LEBs
44305eb UBI: fastmap: do not miss bit-flips
604b592 UBI: fix rb_tree node comparison in add_map
5547fec UBI: fix some use after free bugs
fe24c6e UBI: Fix memory leak in ubi_attach_fastmap() error path
c22301a UBI: fastmap: fix backward compatibility with image_seq
4b3e0a2 UBI: Call scan_all() with correct offset in error case
f240dca UBI: Fix error path in scan_pool()
fb10e4d UBI: fix refill_wl_user_pool()
8930fa5 UBI: Fix invalidate_fastmap()

Thanks,
//richard