[RFC 0/2] mtd: spi-nor: Cadence QSPI Flash Controller driver

Graham Moore grmoore at opensource.altera.com
Fri Oct 24 11:34:19 PDT 2014

Hi all,

Here is a kernel driver for the Cadence QSPI Flash Controller driver
which uses the spi-nor framework.  I'm putting it out here for
comments.

Here at Altera, we use the Cadence QSPI in our SoCFPGA systems.  We've had
a spi driver for this IP for some time now, but it needed some patches
in the spi subsystem. and so was going to be difficult to upstream.

I ported it over to the spi-nor framework which got rid of the ugly
patches, and also got rid of a bunch of spi_transfer code.

It's based on the master branch of l2-mtd.git.  Tested on Altera's
Cyclone5 dev kit.

So here it is, let me know what you all think, please.

Thanks,
Graham Moore

Graham Moore (2):
  This is the documentation of the device tree bindings for the
    Cadence QSPI Flash Controller driver.
  This is a kernel driver for the Cadence QSPI Flash     Controller.
    It uses the spi-nor framework.

 .../devicetree/bindings/mtd/cadence_quadspi.txt    |   30 +
 drivers/mtd/spi-nor/Kconfig                        |    6 +
 drivers/mtd/spi-nor/Makefile                       |    1 +
 drivers/mtd/spi-nor/cadence-quadspi.c              | 1349 ++++++++++++++++++++
 4 files changed, 1386 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mtd/cadence_quadspi.txt
 create mode 100644 drivers/mtd/spi-nor/cadence-quadspi.c

--
1.7.9.5