bad node type after using ubiupdatevol

Per Smitt per.smitt at sbie.se
Tue Oct 21 02:59:50 PDT 2014

> > > First of all, do you have fastmap enabled or disabled (check
> > > your .config)
> >
> > It is not at all in my config. I am running a Freescale i.MX28 yocto
> > solution and it uses kernel 2.6.35.3.
>
> Oh, it is so old. There might have been fixes since then. And I am not
> sure how out-of-date the MTD tests are in this kernel.

The kernel is old but the mtd-utils are slightly fresher.

* commit dcea43eba91642939c82739387147da26d572758
| Author: Aaron Sierra <asierra at xes-inc.com>
| Date:   Fri Sep 27 11:34:04 2013 -0500

But if I understand you correctly most part of the UBIFS code is in
kernel drivers so it doesn't matter which version of mtd-utils I have.

What would you recommend in this situation. Should I try to compile a
later kernel with my toolchain and see if I can get Linux running with
that one? If so which version of the Linux kernel should I use?

/Per