Block numbers of BEB

Ricard Wanderlof ricard.wanderlof at axis.com
Mon Oct 6 00:53:01 PDT 2014

On Sun, 5 Oct 2014, Woody Wu wrote:

> What I said of checking /proc is wrong. What I indeed checked was
> /sys/class/ubi as you mentioned. The problem is, under the
> /sys/class/ubi, there is no information about what blocks are marked as
> bad, there is only information about the total number of bad blocks.

I was thinking the mtd tool nanddump displayed which blocks were bad when
dumping, but a quick test just now revealed that that doesn't seem to be
the case.

The information is available to userspace though, so it's fairly easy to
hack together a userspace tool that gets the bad block information via
ioctls.

/Ricard