Report: mtd-utils: "Floating point exception" with ubiformat

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 01:43:15 PST 2014

On Fri, 2014-10-31 at 18:36 +0800, hujianyang wrote:
> Do you think it is a valuable problem to deal with? Keep the
> existing logic is OK. But can we add something in mtd-utils
> to indicate this error than "Floating point exception"?

I think a work-around in mtd-utils is needed for sure. Because even if
we change the kernel, the change will only affect new kernels.

And I think changing the kernel is worthwhile too. It is extremely
unlikely, in my opinion, that someone relies on this illogical behavior
which happens only for zero-size partitions.  May be we can also
disallow zero-size partitions?

Artem.