New NAND driver

Lee Jones lee.jones at linaro.org
Tue Mar 25 03:59:54 EDT 2014

Morning Pekon,

> >From: Lee Jones
> >
> >Hi Brian,
> >
> >Firstly I'd like to thank you for supporting the inclusion of ST's SPI
> >NOR (FSM) driver. As promised I will convert it over to the new
> >framework once it has been applied by your good self.
> >
> >In the meantime however, I have a NAND driver which I need to
> >submit. I wanted to give you a heads-up prior to sending it in case
> >you had any special requests. FYI: Shoving it where the sun don't
> >shine, is not a valid request by the way :). It's 2700 lines and I've
> >split it over 47 patches for reviewing purposes.
> >
> Will it be possible for you to send the patches split in one patch per file ?
> As switching back and forth, between 47 patches may be bit troublesome.
> Later you may split it as you or others like..

There is only one file. I can send it as a single patch; however, when
I sent the NOR driver [1], it was considered helpful to review in
chunks, kinda how the driver was written. I'll send it as a set to
start with and if you think it creates more problems than it solves
then we'll do something about it.

[1] https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/3/20/103

> >Sorry to do this to you Brian, I am sensitive to how over-burdened you
> >are with the subsystem already. Perhaps it might make sense to put out
> >a plea for volunteers to help with maintain MTD subsystem on LKML?
> >
> I can help reviewing those patches, if you can please share your
> controller specs, and also share if there are any already know
> hardware limitations.

Thanks for your kind offer. I will send it right away.

> >Anyway, what's the best thing to do in this instance? Should I just
> >send it to the list as an RFC and be done with it?

Kind regards,
Lee

--
Lee Jones
Linaro STMicroelectronics Landing Team Lead