UBIFS data integrity

rcrb rcrb rcrbsw at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 21:51:50 EST 2014

Hello,

I have a question concerning data integrity of UBIFS.
I am considering using a database over UBIFS on my embedded device.
The database file is approximately 1 MiB. I wonder if I can rely on
the filesystem to be sure than this file will never have a corruption,
even in case of power cut during update. Will the filesystem guarantee
that, after reboot, the file will be either in the pre-update state or
be correctly updated ?

I am asking this because I read that UBIFS can have partially updated
files in case of power-cut during creation of a new file, and I am
wondering if it is the same for already existing files.

Best regards,