Question about AM335x SoC supported NAND flash

Ezequiel García ezequiel at vanguardiasur.com.ar
Wed Feb 19 11:04:03 EST 2014

Hi guys,

We're developing a custom AM335x-based board, which is meant to boot from NAND.

The flash device is a Micron MT29F8G08ABABA NAND. This device is ONFI-compliant
and has 4 KiB page size, 512 KiB block size.

Accessing it from U-Boot and Linux works just fine, apparently in ECC BCH8 mode.

However, we cannot get the SoC to boot from NAND. We've double-checked
the hardware
and the SYSBOOT, but still no luck with it.

So, I thought about asking here, in case this device is (for some
reason) not supported by the
ROM code booting. Maybe someone already struggled with this and has
some idea to suggest?

Thanks!

PS: I'm sending this a to few developers I remember to have worked on this SoC.
Hope you don't mind!
--
Ezequiel García, VanguardiaSur
www.vanguardiasur.com.ar