Get error -74 (ECC error) during ubiattach

Tanya Brokhman tlinder at codeaurora.org
Fri Dec 19 07:31:44 PST 2014

On 12/19/2014 2:24 PM, t kevin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I get below error message everytime when my box boots up.
> It appears there is a ECC error. But such errors should be taken care
> by UBI/UBIFS itself, right?
> Is it because the background thread "ubi_bgt2d" has not started yet so
> no one could do the data scrubbing during ubiattach stage?
> Is it possible to do something like a fsck.ubifs to fix this issue?
>
> The system can boot up correctly but this message is kind of terrifying.

Hi Kevin

Is it always the same block/offset? If so then Richard is right, the PEB
probably got bad.
Is this first boot up after flashing the image? I encountered similar
behavior on first boot up after flashing the image. What helped me is to
generate the image with -F flag, or use a UBI-aware flasher (ubiformat
for example) to flash it.

Thanks,
Tanya Brokhman
--
Qualcomm Israel, on behalf of Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of the Code Aurora Forum,