UBIFS power cuts corruption on MLC flash

Raj Kapur rajkapur at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 17 12:18:19 PST 2014

Hi,

We are new linux users and are confused about the latest information on
the unstable bits issue with MLC flash. We have embedded linux 2.6.35 with
UBIFS running on a board with MLC Nand flash. Can somebody please clarify
if a UBIFS will handle memory corruption on a power cut on a board with
MLC NAND flash?

We are trying to understand how serious this problem is for the NAND flash
and if anybody has any recommendations or solutions you could offer.

Thanks.