gpmi-nand driver and jffs2 support

Huang Shijie shijie8 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 22:41:47 EDT 2013

On Wed, Sep 04, 2013 at 04:00:36PM +0200, Marek Vasut wrote:
> Dear Huang Shijie,
> How come hector was then able to write his JFFS2 partition ?
If he uses the gpmi, he should not write the JFFS2, since the gpmi
does not support the jffs2. He will get the failure in the end.

> > So the jffs2 support is compatiable all the time.
>
> Is the old Freescale 2.6.35 GPMI NAND format compatible with the one after
> applying this patchset?

Not compatible.

This patch set is still underreview.

> > > that I could mount with Linux 3.7 and earlier?
> >
> > I think the mount can be succeeded.
>
> Ok, does that mean that we need this patchset in U-Boot in order to properly
> write JFFS2 onto GPMI NAND there? Is that the message you wanted to relay to us?

Besides this patchset, the u-boot needs more patches to sync with the
kernel mtd code. Such as the full-id features.

thanks
Huang Shijie