gpmi-nand driver and jffs2 support

Marek Vasut marex at denx.de
Mon Sep 2 07:32:33 EDT 2013

Dear Huang Shijie,

> 于 2013年09月02日 18:10, Hector Palacios 写道:
> > So does this mean that U-Boot is now unable to properly write a JFFS2
> > partition for it to be understood by the linux-next
>
> For the gpmi nand controller, the uboot is not proper to write a jffs2 now.
>
> > kernel? What is exactly the difference? Does it only affect Freescale
> > NAND controllers?
>
> I think there are many difference. Just diff the nand_base.c, you can
> see there are many patches merged in
> the kernel's mtd code, but not exit in the uboot's mtd code.

This makes not much sense to me. If what you claim is true, than JFFS2 in U-Boot
and Linux would be incompatible for all MTD drivers. This would also mean that
JFFS2 in Linux 3.7 is incompatible with Linux-next (since 3.7 was the last sync
point between U-Boot and Linux MTD). Is that really the case?

Best regards,
Marek Vasut