UBIFS failure & stable page writes

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Wed May 29 02:49:18 EDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-05-28 at 13:13 +0200, Prins Anton (ST-CO/ENG1.1) wrote:
> Will add the CFLAG -DDEBUG and debug further!
> (I hope at this kernel-recovery stage there are not debug messages of multiple partitions because there are more UBIFS partitions.)
>
> Doing this I saw some suspicious messages like:
> UBIFS DBG rcvry: deleting orphaned inode 0
> UBIFS DBG rcvry: deleting orphaned inode 1

These are very strange messages. Inode 0 should not exist. Inode 1
should be impossible to ever delete. Smells like some kind of memory
corruption. Can you share your image? Or at least the orphan areas of
the image? We do not have much time, but would probably take a look.

Would also be useful to have the fs/ubifs/* and drivers/mtd/ubi/* of
yours.

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy