UBIFS failure & stable page writes

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Tue May 28 03:44:02 EDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-05-28 at 09:07 +0200, Prins Anton (ST-CO/ENG1.1) wrote:
> We use a backport of UBIFS-2.6 (june 2012), and checked for important fixes in this area.
>
> Is there a way to check/find if a 'root-node' is load from flash (e.g. during recovery)?
>
> Does recovery need the 'root-node'?

I think your error was about the root inode:

"ubifs_iget: failed to read inode 1, error -2"

which is the inode of the root directory. Just like everything else, it
is stored in the index tree.

Of course the root inode is required to access the file-system. For some
reason it cannot be found. Probably if you enable all debug messages -
it may be useful.

Is this problem reproducible?

--
Best Regards,