mtd_oobtest fails with GPMI-NAND

Vikram Narayanan vikram186 at gmail.com
Mon May 13 12:43:10 EDT 2013

On 5/13/2013 1:31 PM, Stefan Roese wrote:
>>> Yes, I can understand this.
>>>
>>> Huang, do you have any idea on how to proceed here? What else
>>> could/should we test? Any ideas/hints?
>>
>> Currently, the kernel supports three imx6 boards for the gpmi-nand:
>>      imx6q-arm2, imx6q-sabreauto, imx6dl-sabareauto.
>>
>> I am afraid your board is none of them. I doubt your board is not
>> correctly configrated with
>> some timing or signals.
>
> Correct, our board is a custom imx6 board. Basically NAND is working
> just fine (UBI/UBIFS works basically). This board even boots from NAND.
> So at least the pin muxing has to be correct.

If you are missing something very fundamental like the pinmux, I really
wonder how the board would boot. So I'd say, you got your basic settings
right.

> Please correct me if I'm wrong, but from my understanding the Linux GPMI
> NAND driver configures the timings. So this is not board platform code
> related but NAND driver related.
>
> Do you have any hints where to "tune/change" some values (timing or
> signal related) to fix this error?

Not sure if this will fix your errors. There is a struct timing in the
driver (Just give a grep). Update that structure with the timings given
in your NAND datasheet.

HTH,
Vikram