mtd_oobtest fails with GPMI-NAND

Huang Shijie b32955 at freescale.com
Sun May 12 22:51:06 EDT 2013

于 2013年05月10日 14:20, Stefan Roese 写道:

>> Also, I don't have enough spare boards to sacrifice it for mtd_torture test.
> Yes, I can understand this.
>
> Huang, do you have any idea on how to proceed here? What else
> could/should we test? Any ideas/hints?

Currently, the kernel supports three imx6 boards for the gpmi-nand:
    imx6q-arm2, imx6q-sabreauto, imx6dl-sabareauto.

I am afraid your board is none of them. I doubt your board is not
correctly configrated with
some timing or signals.

The key issue (i want to emphosis ) is that the current gpmi-nand does
not support the
subpage operations.

> Here the infos for our NAND device:
>
> [    0.917552] ONFI param page 0 valid
> [    0.921053] ONFI flash detected
> [    0.924206] NAND device: Manufacturer ID: 0x2c, Chip ID: 0xdc (Micron MT29F4G08ABADAH4), 512MiB, page size: 2048, OOB size: 64
> [
It's a SLC ,or a MLC?

thanks
Huang Shijie