ONFI patch

Matthieu Castet matthieu.castet at parrot.com
Sat Mar 16 14:21:52 EDT 2013

> I would like to propose a patch along the attached to make some of
> the ONFI support routines work on 16-bit devices.  It does the
> following:
>
>  *   Always call nand_flash_detect_onfi(), even for known chips.
> Without this, onfi_version stays at 0 and nand_onfi_get_features and
> nand_onfi_set_features will always fail with EINVAL.

Why do you call it for flash we identify as small page ?
On which flash it is not working ?

>  *   For the READID, GET_FEATURES, and SET_FEATURES commands, the
> column address is always 1 byte, regardless of bus-width.

This is ugly.

> I see that the linux-mtd tree has a NAND_BUSWIDTH_AUTO features, but
> I don't see how that's supposed to help for, say,
Did you look at the omap example ?

> nand_onfi-set_features() or nand_onfi_get_features() as
> nand_set_defaults() will eventually set the 16-bit transfer routines
> for 16-bit devices.
If that's a problem of nand_onfi_get/set_features why don't you fix them to use only 8 bits transfert ?

Isn't there a patch already submitted for doing that ?

Matthieu