integck failure

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 06:40:56 EDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-03-05 at 16:23 +0100, Elie De Brauwer wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm currently testing on an MX28EVK board and my tests at this moment
> consist out of the following:
> <quote>
> insmod /home/root/mods/nandsim.ko  overridesize=11
> ubiattach -p /dev/mtd9
> ubimkvol /dev/ubi0 -s 30MiB -N test
> mount -t ubifs /dev/ubi0_0  /mnt/test_file_system/
> /home/root/tests/fs-tests/simple/perf
> (/home/root/tests/fs-tests/integrity/integck -n 100 -e
> /mnt/test_file_system 2>&1) >> /logfile.txt
> if [ "$?" = "0" ]; then
>        sync
>        reboot
> fi
> </quote>
> (Initially I tested this with *real* NAND chips, but I have no problem
> reproducing it with nandsim as well).
>
> integck is the standard integck coming from mtd-utils but including
> (an earlier version of) the patches I submitted recently:
> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2013-March/045939.html
> . These patches should not influence the situation, but they should
> make the issue more 'visible'.
>
> When when I look at the logfile above I see the following (
> http://pastebin.com/hVBu7bGn ) where "f2<=>90" means as much as
> printf("%x<=>%x\n", read_buf[r], check_buf[r]);. Or integck read
> "0xf2" but expected to read "0x90". If you later look at the files
> integck wrote you will see they contain 0x90 (the correct data).

What I see in the log is that integck wrote 1 byte at offset 0 many many
times. This looks really strange and not very random. I guess this is a
bug in the test? I have no clue what happened. I would suggest to run
integck with a verbose option and log what it is doing, and then check
the log.

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy