plat-nand DT support

Alexander Clouter alex at digriz.org.uk
Sun Mar 3 10:52:26 EST 2013

Hi,

I have been busy porting an ARM board (that uses plat_nand) to devicetree and stumbled on John
Crispin's patch from last year[1].  There was not much online about how to use it, so I went
about building upon his work it what seemed to be natural and a good fit.

Attached is the work I have done to the driver its-self (including the much needed bindings
documentation), whilst on my github page I have put up an example of its usage:

https://github.com/jimdigriz/ts78xx/blob/gen-nand-dt/arch/arm/mach-orion5x/board-ts7800.c
https://github.com/jimdigriz/ts78xx/blob/gen-nand-dt/arch/arm/boot/dts/orion5x-ts7800.dts

Am I going in the right direction here?  plat_nand, by its nature, is not very DT, the
alternative would be a custom driver for my platform[2] but then are we not just littering
drivers/mtd/nand rather than arch/arm/mach-foobar?

Cheers

[1] http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2012-April/041025.html
[2] could also support the NAND used by arch/arm/mach-ep93xx/ts72xx.c but the whole SoC has not
	been ported to DT

--
Alexander Clouter
.sigmonster says: How many weeks are there in a light year?