UBIFS: integck and tst_recovery

Mats Kärrman Mats.Karrman at tritech.se
Thu Jun 20 08:14:40 EDT 2013

Hi,

I want to use the integck program from mtd-utils for power-cut emulation
testing and I wonder how/if it is interrelated to to the debugfs
tst_recovery file.

I tried running integck with -p for a long time but got no errors.

I then enabled the tst_recovery (echo 1 > ....) and started the test
again. I immediately got a whole bunch of errors but as soon as the file
system was remounted the errors stopped. Checking tst_recovery I found
it was now disabled. Without stopping integck I then reenabled
tst_recovery and the same thing happened again.

If anyone could shed some light on how this is supposed to be used, I
would be glad!

I'm running the test on a separate "unused" UBIFS partition on a NOR
flash. The kernel version is 2.6.35 with all relevant UBIFS patches
from Linux stable.

BR // Mats