UBIFS: How to reserve space to be used right before power cut

Matthieu CASTET matthieu.castet at parrot.com
Thu Jun 13 10:20:28 EDT 2013

Le Thu, 13 Jun 2013 14:29:24 +0100,
Raiger Helmut <helmut.raiger at hale.at> a écrit :

> [...]

Not gluebi

you have a userspace inferface to ubi : /usr/include/mtd/ubi-user.h

You could create a small ubi volume (dynamic or static) of 1 LEB next to
ubifs (on the same ubi device).
When you start you make sure the LEB have enough space and that the LEB
is mapped.

on a power fail signal you write the LEB with your data. Because the
LEB is already mapped, the write should be imediate.

If the ubi volume is on the same ubi device than ubifs, the wear
leveling will be shared with ubifs.