UBIFS: Orphaned inode 1

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 11:47:31 EDT 2013

On Wed, 2013-06-05 at 10:40 -0500, Brent Taylor wrote:
> Artem,
>    I've seen the same issue with 3.6.9.  I can get it to occur by
> following these steps:
>    1.  Flash an image generated by ubinize.
>    2.  Boot the system to run first time initialization scripts (UBI
> and UBIFS successfully mount the root filesystem).
>    3.  Once initialization is complete, the system invokes 'sync' then
> causes a kernel panic to reboot the system.
>    4.  On the second (and subsequent boots) the problem is observed.
>
> I've used 3.5.1 in the past without any issues so maybe something was
> introduced between those versions.

If you guys could reproduce this, then this could become bisectable.

Alternative is... I really have no time now, but if someone sends me the
faulty image, I can take a look later. No guarantees that I'll find
anything, because most probably I will only see the consequences of the
bug, not the root-cause. But I may come up with a theory at least.

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy