UBI leb_write_unlock NULL pointer Oops

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 03:05:31 EDT 2013

On Mon, 2013-05-13 at 18:09 -0500, Brent Taylor wrote:
> I'm working with an atmel at91sam9g20 evaluation board
> (http://www.atmel.com/Images/doc6413.pdf) running the Linux kernel
> version 3.6.9.  On two occasions I have had the following Oops
> reported:

Looks like some kind of memory corruption, or use after free. I do not
have other ideas.

Well, another comment I could give is that the LEB locking in UBI is
over-engineered, and could be simplified.

> I have found the ubifs-v3.6.git tree but since I'm using version
> 3.6.9, how can I easily apply all the patches from 3.6 to the current
> release since some of the patches seem to have already made it into
> the 3.6.9 release.

We discovered a bug recently which may cause memory corruptions. I do
not know if it is accountable for this problem or not, but it is worth
having it. See these patches in the l2-mtd.git tree:

605c912bb843c024b1ed173dc427cd5c08e5d54d UBIFS: fix a horrid bug
33f1a63ae84dfd9ad298cf275b8f1887043ced36 UBIFS: prepare to fix a horrid bug

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy