mtd_oobtest fails with GPMI-NAND

Huang Shijie b32955 at freescale.com
Tue Jan 29 21:27:56 EST 2013

于 2013年01月30日 00:28, Vikram Narayanan 写道:
> On 1/29/2013 8:06 AM, Huang Shijie wrote:
>>> May I know in what way the driver is restricted for using with other
>>> boards?
>> The devicetree. Please check the dts file in arch/arm/boot/dts/.
>> If there is no dts file for your board, the gpmi will not works very
>> well for your board.
>> for example, there is arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6q-arm2.dts for the MX6Q-ARM2
>> board.
>
> I've a valid dts file for my board which is good enough to probe the
> Toshiba NAND on-board and mount a UBIFS filesystem.
could you tell the dts file for your board?
are you sure the pinmux settings are right?

>>> You're right and we knew it earlier as the Kernel detects the OOB size
>>> as 128 bytes. So, some remaining bytes become unused at the end of
>>> each page. i.e., (224-128). Instead of supporting ecc strength as ECC9
>>> we end up using ECC8. Should this be a cause for the -74 error?
>> no. this is not the cause. even you get the wrong geometry of the nand
>> chip. the gpmi still can works.
>>
>> I think the root cause is the devicetree issue as above.
>
> Something else is causing the issue. Can you give some other pointers
> which can potentially cause this -74 error while mounting?
the -74 error is the EBADMSG, it's caused by the uncorrectable ECC failure.
There are many reasons can cause this error:
    [1] the pinmux setting is not right, the gpmi does not works well.
    [2] the wrong setting of BCH. for example, the page size is 8K, you
set 4k to BCH.
        so you can set the correct nand geometry parameters for your
nand chip firstly, and then do the debug.
    [3] timings.

BR
Huang Shijie