Advice on how to patch linux 2.6.35

Mats Kärrman Mats.Karrman at tritech.se
Mon Jan 14 05:51:17 EST 2013

Hi,

If this has been asked before, I apologize. I just couldn't figure out what to search for...

I'm working with a Linux 2.6.35 kernel using the latest patches from kernel.org (i.e. 2.6.35.14).
My custom board is based on Freescale MPC5125 and Spansion S29GL512S NOR FLASH.
Unfortunately I seem to have some trouble with power cut's causing corruption.

In an attempt to find the latest applicable patches for my kernel i cloned the 2.6.35 repository of
Artem Bityutskiy (from git://git.infradead.org/users/dedekind/ubifs-v2.6.35.git).

Now I have compared the kernel.org 2.6.35.0 tree with the Artem tree and with the 2.6.35.14 tree
and find that some differences (to mtd/ubi related code) are the same, some only exist in
either tree. Some of the patches I find in the Artem tree corresponds to things that has been
discussed in the mailing list as solutions to problems similar to mine.

What I'm trying to ask is; what is the status of the Artem tree? Should I try to apply the patches
from this tree to the .14 tree or is there a better/safer way to obtain a better working 2.6.35?

Your advice is welcome!

BR // Mats