OMAP3 NAND ECC selection

Gupta, Pekon pekon at ti.com
Thu Dec 5 14:02:22 EST 2013

Hi Ezequiel,

>From: Ezequiel Garcia [mailto:ezequiel.garcia at free-electrons.com]
[...]
>AFAIK, there's no hardware limitation that would prevent us from setting
>a per-partition ECC, keep in mind this effort is not reduced to make
>devicetree accept ECC on the partitions.

I had some reservations in doing so.. (as mentioned in previous email also [2])
I would rather like to understand long term benefits of such implementation.

Also, any constrain due to ROM code, or upgrading from remote can be
handled using various alternative approaches like [a] and [b].

[2]: http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ports.arm.omap/108136

[a]: http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-omap@vger.kernel.org/msg99025.html
[b]: http://git.isee.biz/?p=pub/scm/writeloader.git;a=summary

with regards, pekon