OMAP3 NAND ECC selection

Enric Balletbo Serra eballetbo at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 04:47:10 EST 2013

Hi Peter,

2013/12/5 Peter Meerwald <pmeerw at pmeerw.net>:
> Hello,
>
> on OMAP3, the NAND area holding MLO and u-boot need a different ECC scheme
> (hw) than the rootfs (sw)

There is some discussion around this, please take a look at this thread,

http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-omap@vger.kernel.org/msg98969.html

> is there a way to tell the kernel which ECC scheme to use on a
> per-partition basis?

At this moment this is not possible.

> I'd like to be able to update MLO and u-boot from within a booted Linux
> system on the device (I have to resort to u-boot for that where I can
> control the ECC scheme used)

Meanwhile, to do this we use a small userspace program created by
Javier Martinez in order to flash the MLO in our OMAP3 boards. See

http://git.isee.biz/?p=pub/scm/writeloader.git;a=summary

Hope it helps you. Regards,
   Enric