gpmi-nand driver and jffs2 support

Hector Palacios hector.palacios at digi.com
Fri Aug 30 05:15:32 EDT 2013

Hello,

Working on my custom platform based on i.MX28 (and also with the MX28EVK) I checked
that I cannot mount JFFS2 nand partitions because I'm getting this error:

   jffs2: inconsistent device description

which seems to have to do with the OOB area of the NAND.
I saw patchset [1] from Huang Shijie which seems to be related to the issue. I just
wanted to confirm if other people has the same problem and if the patchset really aims
to solve this, or mine is a different issue.

[1] http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2013-August/048360.html

Best regards,
--
Hector Palacios