[RFC] mtd-utils: integck: add support for volume specific power-cut test

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 09:36:49 EDT 2013

On Mon, 2013-08-19 at 08:50 +0000, Mats Kärrman wrote:
> Problem:
> The current power-cut test requires power-cut emulation to be enabled globally
> (e.g. for all UBIFS volumes) but this may lead to some practical problems when
> the root fs of the tested machine is also of the same type.

Hi, sorry, I do not understand the problem. First of all, I never ran
this on a device which uses an UBIFS file-system as rootfs. I only ran
it on a PC where UBIFS has only been on top of a nandsim.

So, AFAICS, power cut emulation is per-mountpoint. So you should enable
it only for the the file-system under test. Power-cut should switch only
the file-system under test to R/O mode, not the rootfs.

What are the practical problems you mention?

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy