Root on UBIFS prevents NFS on all filesystem

James Pharaoh james at phsys.co.uk
Sat Aug 10 16:01:12 EDT 2013

Hi,

I am having a problem making any kind of NFS export from my NAS, which
is running Debian with the root filesystem on UBIFS.

Now, I understand that NFS exports are not (yet) supported from UBIFS.
But I seem to be having the same trouble exporting from other
filesystems, including BTRFS and EXT3.

Can someone confirm if having my root filesystem on UBIFS will cause
this behaviour and if there is anything I can do about it?

The actual error I get while restarting nfs-kernel-server is as follows:

"/vol/test does not support NFS export"

Thanks,
James