JFFS2 impact when don't have sub page access

Sekhar Nori nsekhar at ti.com
Fri Aug 2 01:30:27 EDT 2013

On Friday 02 August 2013 10:27 AM, Gupta, Pekon wrote:
> Hello,
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I' am using an OMAP L138 with a NAND SLC (MT29F4G08)
>>
>> I was making some tests with Ubifs but found some errors due to OMAP
>> don't support sub pages access:
>>
> TI OMAP2-NAND supports sub-pages for SLC NAND.
>  http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/attachments/20130405/a146567f/attachment.obj
>
> This patch was accepted in mainline linux-3.10,
> And tested on AM335x with 2K/64 NAND.
>
> You can follow this patch details here..
> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2013-March/046285.html

Yes, but Aníbal is talking about OMAP-L138 which is actually a DaVinci
part and uses drivers/mtd/nand/davinci_nand.c

May be you can clarify whether absence of subpage support will lead to
the kind of errors Aníbal reported?

Also, the subject talks about JFFS2. There is no known affect of absence
of subpage support on JFFS2, right?

Thanks,
Sekhar