Question about mtdblock.c

Maarten Blomme maartenblomme at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 03:52:37 EDT 2013

Hello,

I have a question about mtdblock.c, is this the right place to ask it?

My question is about the usage of the return value of
write_cached_data in mtdblock_flush and mtdblock_release. The return
value is not used in those functions. What could be the reason for
that?

I have a problem in my code where I flush the data, but the flush does
not fail if the flush did not work (because of a bad NAND flash
sector). As far as I understand the mtdblock.c code, this could be
fixed by using the return value of write_cached_data.

Thanks for listening!

best regards,
Maarten Blomme