ubifs.fsck implementation

Colin Foe-Parker colin.foeparker at aclimalabs.com
Mon Apr 1 11:54:07 EDT 2013

Good Morning Everyone,

Back in February of 2010 there was a mailing list thread discussing the implementation of ubifs.fsck.  (http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2010-February/029017.html)  The thread discusses how a user space fsck application was not implemented and that a kernel '--recover' mount option would probably be more relevant.  At which point the thread died.

I am currently running into an issue where our NAND based ubifs filesystem is going read only after extended periods in the field.  The testing points to power-cuts as the probable cause.  We have made large steps towards minimizing the possibility of a power cut etc. but we can't help but think that a fsck/recovery tool would be extremely helpful in managing the situation.

That being said, I was hoping to gauge the external interest in developing such a tool/feature.  Additionally, if we could start a discussion around the best manner of implementation.

Thanks!

-Colin
--

Colin Foe-Parker
Software Engineer

ACLIMA INC
Direct 415 735 5062  |  Email colin.foeparker at aclimalabs.com
10 Lombard St. Suite 210  |  San Francisco, CA 94111

This email and any attachments may contain private, confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately delete this email and any attachments.