mtd: kernel BUG at arch/x86/mm/pat.c:279!

Sasha Levin levinsasha928 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 15:44:41 EDT 2012

On 09/28/2012 09:13 PM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 11:05 AM, Artem Bityutskiy <dedekind1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I am not the maintainer, but please, go ahead an push your fix. I do not
>> have time to test it myself and it does not look like anyone else in the
>> small mtd community does.
>
> Grr. I told people that patch wasn't tested. I hadn't even *compiled*
> it. It has a typo ("inlint" instead of "inline" - so close).
>
> Sasha said he had tested it, but nobody even mentioned this thing. Now
> I'm nervous. I had committed it in my tree and was just about to push
> it out when I decided that I should at least compile it despite the
> "tested-by".
>
> Hmm? Now I really *really* want to know that it's been tested on
> actual hardware too. Sasha, what patch did you actually test? Did you
> just fix the "inlint" thing, or was there something else entirely?

I've just fixed the inlint thing since it was pretty trivial, I didn't bother commenting on it since I figured it would turn into
an actual patch from someone who could test it on actual hardware first.

Note that I've tested it on a KVM guest, and not on real hardware - so I'm not sure how much of a test that is.

Thanks,
Sasha