nand/denali: split the driver into 3 parts: generic, PCI and DT

dinguyen at altera.com dinguyen at altera.com
Thu Sep 27 12:58:04 EDT 2012

Hello,

The following 2 patches attempts to make the current Denali NAND controller,
which is PCI-based, to be both PCI and device tree drivers.

The first patch is a resend of Jami Iles patch with only minor changes on the
commit message and checkpatch errors and warnings. This patch was originally
sent in this message:

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2011-May/035334.html

The second patch is also based on Jamie Iles' patch to add a MMIO version of
the Denali NAND driver. I converted to be DT based.

I think there were comments to make it fully DT, but since I don't have a
PCI-base hardware to test this, I don't want to break it. I can only test the
DT version on the HW that I have access to.

.../devicetree/bindings/mtd/denali-nand.txt        |   23 +++
 drivers/mtd/nand/Kconfig                           |   20 ++-
 drivers/mtd/nand/Makefile                          |    2 +
 drivers/mtd/nand/denali.c                          |  160 ++++---------------
 drivers/mtd/nand/denali.h                          |    5 +
 drivers/mtd/nand/denali_dt.c                       |  167 ++++++++++++++++++++
 drivers/mtd/nand/denali_pci.c                      |  144 +++++++++++++++++

Thanks,
Dinh