RCU warning during UBI file system mount

Shawn Guo shawn.guo at linaro.org
Tue Sep 4 23:51:10 EDT 2012

On Tue, Sep 04, 2012 at 08:43:12AM -0700, Subodh Nijsure wrote:
> MX28 is ARM device. I removed following from my config and these
> warnings went away.
>
> CONFIG_CPU_IDLE=y
> CONFIG_CPU_IDLE_GOV_LADDER=y
> CONFIG_CPU_IDLE_GOV_MENU=y

There is no cpuidle implemented on imx28.  I do not understand how
these options influence the result here.

> I have attached the kernel configuration file I used.
>
> It doesn't affect specific hw I am working with as device is not
> required to enter idle mode.
> I am Cc-ing linux-arm folks,  in case someone on arm platform
> requires CPU idele &, RCU to work.

I just ran a case with CONFIG_CPU_IDLE and RCU support and failed
to reproduce the warning.  Is this something specific to gpmi-nand
or we can see it with any other imx28 drivers/cases?  Sorry, I do
not have NAND flash set up on my imx28 board.

--
Regards,
Shawn