[RFC v7] UBI: Fastmap support (aka checkpointing)

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Mon May 28 02:46:59 EDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-05-28 at 09:36 +0300, Shmulik Ladkani wrote:
> Hi Artem,
> Fine with me, I'm flexible ;)
>
> What's your plan for merging to the master branch?

Once it the review is finished, and we test it, verify power-cut
robusteness and resilience (we can discuss how separately), we merge it
to the master branch (by squeezing the history I guess).

> BTW, I know you formerly disliked the idea, but I'm in favor of having a
> CONFIG for the fastmap feature; with the config disabled, UBI must
> behave exactly as it was. The config can be later removed.

This makes maintaining difficult - I'll need to have another
compile-test.

We should have an ubiattach option instead (and add this feature to the
attach ioctl - thankfully we have unused bytes there).

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy