[RFC v7] UBI: Fastmap support (aka checkpointing)

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Sat May 26 10:15:44 EDT 2012

On Sat, 2012-05-26 at 16:01 +0200, Richard Weinberger wrote:
> > We can start with the UBI tests from the mtd-utils plust the integck
> > test. And whatever goes to my branch should never break them. Do these
> > tests pass now? If not, let's make them pass.
> >

> What is "integck" test?

It is a quite extensive FS check which we use for UBIFS. As UBIFS is the
main UBI client - it makes sense to run it. It lives in the
mtd-utils.git/tests/fs/integck

./integck -n8 /mnt/ubifs

would run in. /mnt/ubifs is the ubifs mount-point. -n8 means repeat 8
times.

> UBI tests from mtd-utils pass now.
> The io_paral triggered a race condition on my very fast qemu-kvm test system.
> On my test board with real NAND flash this race never happened.
> Anyway, it's fixed now.

Cool!

> I'm mostly testing with custom scripts, shall I send a patch against UBI tests?

Yes, it would be great to integrate this, of course. I might also want
to send you a patch, then I'd run it.

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy