Resizing of an existing UBIFS

Robert Homann homann at bury.com
Tue May 22 03:21:35 EDT 2012

On 05/22/2012 08:53 AM, Artem Bityutskiy wrote:

Hi!

>> I have a short question: Is it possible to expand the size of a UBIFS
>> without creating a new image file or reformatting from scratch?
>
> Unfortunately there are not tools for this :-( You could write one,
> though :-)

OK, thanks. Actually, writing such a tool is not completely out of
question in my case... How hard do you think it would be to implement it?
Would such a tool simply change some values in a few structures or would it
have to do something much more complicated? Or could some existing tool from
mtd-utils be extended to do the job?

Best regards,
Robert Homann