UBIFS and NAND issue (works only once)

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Fri May 18 07:47:49 EDT 2012

Hi,

On Thu, 2012-05-17 at 16:08 -0400, Bishop, Mark wrote:
> root:/> ubiattach /dev/ubi_ctrl -m 3
> UBI: attaching mtd3 to ubi0
> UBI: physical eraseblock size:   131072 bytes (128 KiB)
> UBI: logical eraseblock size:    129024 bytes
> UBI: smallest flash I/O unit:    2048
> UBI: sub-page size:              512
> UBI: VID header offset:          512 (aligned 512)
> UBI: data offset:                2048
> UBI error: process_eb: bad image sequence number 125589241 in PEB 1012,
> expected 817099782

This means that you did not flash it correctly. Image sequence number is
a random number associated with an image. UBI tools pick it randomly.

This message says that half of your flash contains the new image, but
the half of it contains the pieces of the old image. I have no idea
which tools you use for flashing images, but you should check that your
tools erase the flash area beyond the new flash image.

Read here:

> slab error in kmem_cache_destroy(): cache `ubi_scan_leb_slab': Can't
> free all objects

This seems to be a bug on error path - we leek memory. A patch for
fixing this will a good way to contribute back to the community.

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy