State of read-only filesystems in NAND / MTD bad blocks handling when reading

Thilo Fromm fromm at dresearch-fe.de
Fri May 4 04:39:45 EDT 2012

Hello Gregory,

>>> Can you paint the abstraction layer call flow involved in this for a
>>> single read transaction and _not_ burst out laughing ;) ? We're on an
>>> embedded system, man :)
>>
>> The crucial issue is really what performance you get, gluebi is fairly
>> transparent so I don't think you loose any significant amount.
>
> Indeed with the direct approach we had with ubi_blk, the performance appeared
> to be _slightly_ better with ubiblk than gluebi+mtdblock_ro, according to our
>  benchmarks (see  http://elinux.org/Flash_Filesystem_Benchmarks )

Yay, benchmarks! Thanks for the link, Gregory.

Regards,
Thilo

--
Dipl.-Ing (FH) Thilo Fromm, MSc., Embedded Systems Architect
DResearch Fahrzeugelektronik GmbH
Tel: +49 (30) 515 932 228   mailto:fromm at dresearch-fe.de
Fax: +49 (30) 515 932 77    http://www.dresearch.de
Amtsgericht: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 130120 B
Ust.-IDNr. DE273952058
Geschäftsführer: Dr. M. Weber, W. Mögle