State of read-only filesystems in NAND / MTD bad blocks handling when reading

Ricard Wanderlof ricard.wanderlof at axis.com
Thu May 3 03:30:23 EDT 2012

On Wed, 2 May 2012, Thilo Fromm wrote:

>> gluebi + mtdblock_ro doesn't work ?
>
> Can you paint the abstraction layer call flow involved in this for a
> single read transaction and _not_ burst out laughing ;) ? We're on an
> embedded system, man :)

The crucial issue is really what performance you get, gluebi is fairly
transparent so I don't think you loose any significant amount. True,
there's a lot of code that must be passed in order to get at the data, but
the same is true for a lot of the kernel. u-boot perhaps can't handle
gluebi though?

/Ricard