JFFS2 CRC problems

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Mon Jun 25 08:01:59 EDT 2012

Hi Konstantin!

While debugging and researching a problem we experience on our MPC5200 system,
I found a thread on the MTD list "jffs2 with sync burst mode" initiated by
you. This pretty much seems to be the same problem that we are experiencing on
our MPC5200 system using JFFS2 on Intel Strataflash NOR devices.

-bash-3.2# mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock3 /mnt
[  266.571967] jffs2: jffs2_scan_dirent_node(): Name CRC failed on node at
0x002c0050: Read 0x1c0cc6df, calculated 0x5eb3f212
-bash-3.2#

While I'm continuing to dig into this, I wanted to "poll" your status on this
issue. I know that it was a long time ago. But perhaps you can remember the
outcome of this issue. What caused it? How did you fix it?

Any pointers are really welcome.

BTW: We are using latest Linux kernel here (currently testing with v3.4).

Thanks.

Best regards,
Stefan

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-0 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: office at denx.de