UBI and volume checksum

Giovanni Malfara' Giovanni.Malfara.ext at altran.it
Thu Jun 7 08:21:53 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I need to verify that the UBI image once it has been written on the UBI
volume.
So I try to extract the content with the "dd" tool from the UBI bolume
and I calculate the checksum to be compared with the one of the original
UBI image.

My question is: is it always true? If I extract the content of the UBI
volume at any time (the fileystem is mounted read-only) , will the
checksum always the same? Will the data move from a PEB that has
bit-flips to a new one cause a difference in checksum?

Is this the best way to achieve this?

Thansk in advance.

--
Giovanni Malfarà